Circle work is an integral component for nurturing a heart culture. They provide support for heart awareness, relational connection , and the collective wisdom of council. They are a foundation for community building and have been found essential in most indigenous cultures. There are many structures for circle work, designed to support the being, learning, and doing of our lives.
The Heart Circle provides a foundation for nurturing a heart culture on A Co•Creative Path. It provides the structure for mutual support of the “five ways of being” articulated in Tej Steiners book Waking Up with everyone around us.
The “Heart Circle”, as described by Tej in his book, resinates with my experience with circles over the past 35 years . The circle provides the environment to connect with others for support as we explore a deeper connection with ourselves.
The purpose of a Heart Circle is primarily to provide mutual support for the Five Ways of Being:
- Being Clear
- Being Present
- Being Real
- Being Connected
- Being Heart Directed
The Heart Circle encourages personal Inquiry around the following questions:
- Am I clear about my purpose, passion, gifts, values, intention…? How is my current path in life aligned with my purpose, etc.?
- Am I increasing in connection to my heart, and my feelings of peace, appreciation, compassion…? Is my connection to my self empowering me to be present in the Now?
- Am I authentically connected to, and able to express, my true feelings and needs. Am I real with myself and others?
- Am I able to connect with others beyond the filters of my evaluation and judgment? Do I listen deeply and with empathy?
- Is my life direction in alignment the best expression of my true self? Is my current path heart directed?
The structure of a Heart Circle has the following elements:
- Clear purpose and agreements for the circle
- A centering process to bring heart connection and presence in the circle
- Authentic sharing of what is alive, your joy and your pain
- Deep listening and empathy for other in the circle
- Individual attention to support the exploration of heart direction
Contact me if you are interested in joining, or would like support in forming, a virtual or in-person Heart Circle