The Blueprint of We takes communication and collaboration to the next level in establishing graceful alignment of purpose, values, and expectations. It is a structured collaborative process for designing a co-creative blueprint for relationships. We all come to relationships with our best foot forward, along with our personal baggage and a list of hidden expectations and assumptions. The Blueprint of WE helps to lay a foundation for authenticity, clarity, and ease in relationships.
The Blueprint of WE was created by Maureen K. McCarthy and Zelle Nelson as a tool to clarify their communication as they first began their dating relationship in 1998. After seeing its impact, they went on to create Documents with family and friends. Eventually, through their international consulting firm, Engaging the Soul @ Work, they made the decision to solely use Blueprint of WE collaboration documents with their clients, rather than traditional legal contracts. Today, Maureen and Zelle focus their attention on furthering the development and accessibility of their work through the Center for Collaborative Awareness.
The Blueprint of WE, used as a tool to foster collaborative awareness and relational alignment, offers an opportunity to facilitate:
- Growth of awareness of self and others
- • Moving beyond arguments and bargaining, to elegance and grace
- • Increased access to creativity as you simultaneously reduce your stress
- • Choosing the best reference files in your mind to handle any situation
- • Deeply and quickly trusting, making you far more productive and connected
The five components of the Blueprint of We provide a process for graceful agreement:
- The Story of Us – establishes the who, what, and why of agreement
- Interaction Styles and Warning Signs – discloses our inner world and resulting behavior patterns
- Expectations – clarifies our desires and minimizes assumption
- Questions to Return to Peace – provides the map for navigating conflict
- Short and Long Term Agreements – determines time frames to resolve conflict
For More Information
For an introduction to the process and components, take a look at the following article:
Or check out this video intro from Maureen
The Blueprint of WE provides a vital tool for establishing alignment for relational connection and collaboration. Please contact me for more information, help with facilitation of an individual or group Blueprint of We, or to join a practice circle to cultivate alignment and collaboration in any relational environment.