The Blueprint of We takes communication and collaboration to the next level in establishing graceful agreement. It is a structured collaborative process for designing a co-creative blueprint for relationships. We all come to relationships with our best foot forward, along with our personal baggage and a list of hidden expectations and assumptions. The Blueprint of WE helps to lay a foundation for authenticity, clarity, and ease in relationships.
The Blueprint of WE (a.k.a. State of Grace Document) concept was created by Maureen K. McCarthy and Zelle Nelson, as they first began their dating relationship in 1998. After seeing its impact, they went on to create Documents with family and friends. Eventually, through their international consulting firm, Engaging the Soul @ Work, they made the decision to solely use Blueprint of WE collaboration documents with their clients, rather than traditional legal contracts.Today, Maureen and Zelle focus their attention on furthering the development and accessibility of their work through the Center for Collaborative Awareness.
Using the Blueprint of WE collaboration document as a tool to foster collaborative awareness leads to:
• Growth of awareness of self and others
• Moving beyond arguments and bargaining, to elegance and grace
• Increasing access to creativity as you simultaneously reduce your stress
• Choosing the best reference files in your mind to handle any situation
• Deeply and quickly trusting, making you far more productive and connected
The Components of the Blueprint of We create the process for graceful agreement:
- The Story of Us – establishes the who, what, and why of agreement
- Interaction Styles and Warning Signs – discloses our inner world and resulting behavior patterns
- Expectations – clarifies our desires and minimizes assumption
- Questions to Return to Peace – provides the map for navigating conflict
- Short and Long Term Agreements – determines time frames to resolve conflict
For an introduction to the process and components, please see the following article:
Clear agreement is another vital aspect for healthy relationships and the potential for successful collaboration. We offer facilitation and workshops in the Blueprint of We process to help create your story and clarify your communication. Please contact me for more information.